Brief review of garmin nuvi 2797lmt before buying. Pro: Big 7 inch, Powered mount, Lifetime maps and traffic, Active lane guidance, Up ahead feature. Con: Bluetooth bug prevents dialing out from nuvi.
The nuvi 2797lmt portable navigator from garmin offers a big 7 inch screen and loaded with detailed maps of North America and several advanced features that give you a more complete experience. With free of charge lifetime map updates, maps can be acquired for obtain approximately four situations for each year, for the lifetime within your unit, without costs. Garmin Genuine Directions and Garmin Correct Voice are features that may be only readily available inside our line of GPS navigators.
- Big 7 inch display with touchscreen control
- Preloaded City Navigator NT for North America
- Garmin Real Directions with Garmin Real Voice guide
- PhotoReal and Bird's Eye junction views
- accepts spoken commands and voice address entry
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- trafficTrends provides routes based on actual historic travel times due to daily traffic
- Active Lane Guidance with voice prompts
- Up Ahead feature informs of nearby services
- 10 million points of interest (allows custom points of interest)
- Smartphone Link is a free mobile app that connects your nuvi with your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Details and Specs
- Dimensions: 7.40" h x .90" w x 4.50" l, 0.78 pounds
- Size: 8.60in. x 6.00in. x 3.40in.
- warranty: 1 year
- Vehicle suction cup mount with mini-USB input (power cable plugs into suction cup mount)
- Micro-USB cable (micro-USB input on unit itself)
- Quick start manual
One of guy sharing experience on a shopping site. He did a lot of research before buying anything. The nuvi 2797lmt impressed him as having all of the right features, updates for the life of the unit, voice command, bluetooth and convenient operations. The receiver is extremely sensitive to satellite signals and takes very little time to capture its location when first turned on.
Garmin Express works well and maps were updated quickly to include registration. Only had a little trouble when updating but the phone support was EXCELLENT! He would recommend this unit to everyone.